Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ready or not...


Summer is here! 



It may not feel like summer just yet, but Memorial Day has passed, the pools have opened and it’s time to start dreaming about a trip to the beach or a weekend on the lake. Or maybe you’re more like me - a tad bit dreadful of swimsuit season.....as I sit here snacking on a bag of chips (he, he) What can I say, it was a moment of weakness and I swear I’ve been good all week - I even started taking a pilates class! We all need to give in every once in awhile (or at least this Chick does!).  I just have to make sure that one slip up doesn't turn into two...  In the spirit of salvaging my week, I’ll be turning to my Fresh Fruit Pinboard for healthy inspiration. Some Fresh Fruit Kabobs and Fruit Desserts are definitely in order!

Once I’ve got my healthy eating habits back on track it’s time to start planning for Father’s Day! After the wonderful Mother’s Day my boys gave me, complete with an afternoon at a food truck rally, I’ve got some work to do. This adorable card looks fun and easy to make with the little ones and these Bacon Crackers look particularly yummy. We'll just have to see how crafty I can get this year.  Since I don’t have a little girl, I can’t get my FAVORITE Father’s Day surprise - a custom dress from Little Grey Line made out of Daddy’s old dress shirt. Have you ever seen anything so precious?!?

I hope you have a wonderful June, filled with celebrating your hubby, dad, grandfather, brother or your best friend.  Spend as much time as possible outside for before the weather gets too hot to enjoy and before the craziness of summer settles in.  And don’t forget your sunscreen ;-)

Until next time,
Jennifer
aka Chick#1

No comments:

Post a Comment