Thursday, January 30, 2014

Valentine’s Day Brunch



Every year, without fail, I hear a lot of grumbling about Valentine’s Day from friends and co-workers.  They struggle with how expensive and hard it can be to find a sitter and make reservations, how commercial it has become and how much pressure they feel (or are putting on themselves) to WOW their Valentine.  Well, you know me, I say if it is too stressful neither of you are going to enjoy it, so is it really worth doing??  

I don’t know about you, but I have a tough time enjoying a nice evening out if I’m stressed out about how much we are paying the babysitter.  Plus, would you rather enjoy a nice meal at your favorite restaurant when half of the free world is there with you or on a quiet evening when you can actually hear each other talk?

So, I have of course come up with a fun alternative for you to try this year - A Valentine’s Day Brunch!  Trade an expensive night out for a fun family friendly brunch at home with your closest friends.  With Valentine’s Day falling on a Friday this year, having a morning brunch on Saturday or Sunday is a fun way to have a relaxing celebration with your Valentine and close friends, without the expense of a babysitter.  

As always, you can get as elaborate as your schedule or budget allows or take my advice and keep it simple and enjoyable.  The most important thing to remember is to have fun and create a comfortable environment for everyone.  We all have so much going on in our busy lives it is nice to just kick back with close friends and enjoy a good meal.

Find all of my tips for:


Until next time,
aka Chick #1

No comments:

Post a Comment